How can I get a refund from Air India?
Air India is an excellent airline and the airline of choice for millions of passengers around the world. It provides very high-quality services and does so at unbelievably cheap rates. Let us see what the Air India refund policy is in detail.
Nitty gritties of the Air India refund policy -
- Air India is very accommodating and adjusting when it comes to processing and giving back refunds that their passengers request for.
- According to the Air India refund policy, the passengers can request Air India for a refund up to 1 year from the date of expiry of the ticket's validity.
- This means that if the ticket was valid till a certain date, Air India would be willing to provide a refund to that ticket up to 1 year from the date till the ticket was valid. After the ticket's validity expires, the passengers will have 1 year to request a refund on that ticket from Air India.
- However, this Air India refund policy has been revised since 1st October 2018.
- Now the passengers are able to request a refund from Air India up to 12 months from the date of issue or 3 months from the date of expiry of the validity of the ticket.
Refund payment processing -
- If the passenger made the payment for the ticket fare in cash, when their refund request is processed completely, Air India sends a cheque to the address which the passenger has specified in the refund request form.
- If the passenger made the payment of the ticket fare through a credit or a debit card, Air India would make the payment of the refund amount to the credit card account to which the credit or debit card belongs.
For more information, please call the Air India customer service number directly.
If you want to get a refund on an Air India ticket, a passenger needs to show the flight ticket reference number at the Air India office. If you have purchased it online by using the official website www.airindia.in then you can process for a refund online via the "manage my booking" option on the official website.